Software Engineer – Java C or C++
- Location: BELFAST
- SalarySee Job Description
- Job referenceWPR-IT-SR34178
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
Software Engineer – Java C or C++ required for a growing team based in Belfast
Our Client provides a first class web application for the retail sector which is delivered over their cloud based architecture and enables their clients to manage all aspects of business; from front end transactions to back end inventory control and reporting, and enables them to compete effectively in the market.
In this Software Engineering role you will be working closely with colleagues in Belfast and the States to help design and deliver software requirements. You will be working on both the browser web services that support the iPad app, adding new features and you will also get the opportunity to work on the back office cloud based reporting and store management application databases. This is a great opportunity to work on a large web enterprise application servicing billions of transactions on their infrastructure and to contribute to the architecture, instrumentation and Performance decisions.
- A solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals.
- 2+ years’ experience developing in either Java, C or C++.
- Exposure to some code i.e. Ruby, Python, Go.
- Experience with some database design and development of efficient SQL queries, e.g. Postgres.
- Proficiency working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with Git/GitHub.
- Eagerness and desire to learn and develop with a very experienced team.
- Give ideas and input into your role and projects.
Whilst not essential, it would be great to have experience or understanding of some of the following:
- Experience with large data-sets: Elastic Search, PostgreSQL, or Redis, containerization: Docker, Mesos, or Marathon, Modern UI frameworks: React, Angular JS, Ember.js, or Backbone.js Agile development.
- Deployment and monitoring of cloud-hosted applications, Ruby-on-Rails, Test Driven Development.
- Excellent Salary - c£35k (open to negotiation)
- Unlimited holidays
- Equity Options
- Income and Death insurance
- Subsidised Travel
- Catered meals
- Pool table
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call Sonita Ram on 028 9082 0941.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.