Market Data Developer - Belfast
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR-IT-SR-34859
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
This company is part of the rapidly evolving Fintech ecosystem within Belfast city centre that offers alternative investment services to a truly global client base. They are looking to recruit a highly skilled Market Data Developer Lead to contribute to the development of market data systems within the company.
You will work collaboratively with the market data team, including Project Managers and product owners. Be responsible for writing Software, conduct code reviews, contribute to architecture, and provide technical expertise when required. You will perform whilst ensuring all best practices, deliverables comply with latest Industry standards.
- Develop new and enhance existing market data systems to address current and future needs.
- Strive towards continuous architectural improvements to increase quality, performance, security, maintainability and stability.
- Review technical architecture and provide feedback to team members for current system improvements.
- Assist in release management and coordinate deployments with Application Support team.
- Assist production support in investigating problems as required including root cause analysis (rca).
- Maintain awareness of the latest advances and processes in development and database technologies.
- 5+ years’ experience as an IT professional.
- 3+ years’ experience working in the financial services sector.
- Proficient in C#, SQL, and web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, Typescript, MVC, WebApi).
- Knowledge of financial instruments and identifiers (ISIN, CUSIP, SEDOL, etc.).
- Experience with application support, e.g. troubleshooting incidents to resolution.
- Excellent communication skills and close attention to detail.
- Ability to use discretion to prioritize problems and tasks appropriately.
- Experience with WebAPI, Angular2 (4, 5, 6), Redux, SignalR).
- Knowledge of enterprise messaging solutions.
- Strong Agile knowledge.
- Experience using JIRA or similar tools.
- Knowledge of trade processing, financial operations, compliance.
- Experience working with real time market data feeds and systems.
- Experience of using SVN and TeamCity.
- Automated testing experience using tools such as Selenium and NUnit.
- Microsoft Certifications.
This Market Data Developer commands an excellent salary to reflect knowledge and experience. You will also receive a leading benefits package to include bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, group income protection and company pension scheme.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call Sonita Ram on 028 9082 0941.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client.