L1 System Administrator
- Location: Newry
- Salary£20,000 - £30,000
- Job referenceWPR-IT-SR-34937
- Level of educationSee Description
WPR Technology is delighted to partner with our Client, a successful builders merchant based in Newry and Mourne. The company covers the whole of Ireland and is a family run business trading over 30 years. Due to growth within the sector and company they require a hands on, motivated L1 system administrator to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will work within the IT Team in the busy Head Office which provides IT support and services to the branch network and over 400 employees. You will focus on IT Support/devices and troubleshoot on a regular basis supporting the 16 locations across Ireland. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your IT skills and have fun in your new role. The company is opening another 2 branches this year so you will support this and be part of this exciting period in the company.
A positive can do attitude is essential in this role and the ability to work under minimum supervision.
- A sound understanding of a Computerised Sales Order Processing/Stock Control system.
- Microsoft Office products in particular the ability to produce reports using Microsoft Excel/ Access.
- Good problem solving and communication skills.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot day-to-day issues, including user account setup, installation and maintenance of PCs and laptops.
- Installation and end-user support for Windows 7/8/10, Microsoft Office and other computer software.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, LAN/WAN networking.
- Setting up and troubleshooting issues with Networked Printers/Scanners/Photocopiers.
- Setting up and maintaining end-user accounts in Active Directory & Microsoft Exchange.
- Troubleshooting Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 Laptops problems in a Windows 2012 domain.
- Escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support as and when necessary.
- Effective communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving.
- Keep calm under pressure.
- Team player.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and associated benefits package, training and career progression will be available for the right candidate.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call Sonita Ram on 028 90820941 / Sonita@wpr.jobs.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client.