Technical Engineer - Rail
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR02-120401_1555079500
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Translink's new Technical Engineer - Rail you will be responsible for the management of maintenance contractors to undertake remedial works, and the surveying, assessing, monitoring and actively managing the Permanent Way assets.
Translink is Northern Ireland's main public transport provider with a strategy to maintain and grow passenger and network capacity, with plans to introduce higher speed service, track upgrades, station refurbs and new builds, refurbishment of trains and upgrade ticketing systems.
Please note that application forms must be submitted ‘online’ before noon on Thursday 2nd May 2019 so early application is advisable.
As the successful Technical Engineer - Rail your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Monitoring of all track related asset data including non-actionable defects.
- Management of thermit and Arc welding work, including allocation of resources and quality control.
- Identification and development of business cases for new technologies/maintenance processes.
- Management of pilot projects and assessment of results to confirm delivery of anticipated benefits.
- Development of a programme of works to incorporate new technologies/maintenance processes in to business as usual.
- Development of Permanent Way Route Asset and Route Delivery Plans.
- Develop and implement systems to ensure property projects are delivered to the principals of PAS 1192 and the BIM maturity level.
A detailed job description for this ‘Technical Engineer - Rail’ role and an application form and Salary details can be provided upon request.
To be considered for this Technical Engineer - Rail role you will have:
- A Minimum of 3 years’ Design or Construction/Maintenance experience in the construction or rail industry.
- Experience of planning and managing surveys.
- Minimum of a Degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or relevant construction related degree.
- Able to manage a number of projects and work streams at the same time.
It would be desirable if candidates had the following:
- Experience of BIM.
If you feel this "Technical Engineer - Rail” role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown.
Contact Damien or Anne on 004428 9031 2009 if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.