Senior Project Manager
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR02-120403_1555080090
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Translink's new Senior Project Manager of the Belfast Transport Hub you will lead and manage the Belfast Transport Hub Project Management Team in the development and delivery of a range of projects that are identified in the Capital Plan.
Translink Belfast Transportation Hub is a Flagship Project due for completion 2022. It is a world-class development that will become the main transport hub for Northern Ireland. An innovative and ambitious project that will provide a gateway to Belfast for commuters and tourists; a main bus and train connection point for all parts of Northern Ireland and the main rail link to Dublin, including direct connections to all major airports in Belfast and Dublin.
Please note that application forms must be submitted ‘online’ before noon on Thursday 2nd May 2019 so early application is advisable.
As the successful Senior Project Manager your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Planning the programme, in conjunction with the Project Assurance Office.
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme.
- Managing the Programme's budget on behalf of the Senior Programme Manager.
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the Programme's individual projects.
- Managing risks to the Programme's successful outcome.
- Provide leadership, with the support of the Senior Programme Manager, on Programme for Government, Strategic, National and local projects.
- Provide representation at Government Department Board Meetings.
- Set yearly objectives for Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers and carry out reviews on a 6 month/yearly basis.
A detailed job description for this ‘Senior Project Manager’ role and an application form and Salary details can be provided upon request.
To be considered for this Senior Project Manager role you will have:
- A Minimum of 3 years’ Project Management experience.
- Possess a minimum of a Construction Related Degree.
- Possess Chartered membership of an engineering or construction related institution or be willing to obtain it within a defined timescale.
- In-depth understanding and experience of Project Management, Planning and Control processes and methodologies within a construction environment.
- Experience within a public transport environment.
- Experience of NEC Contracts.
It would be desirable if candidates had the following:
- Experience of Programme Management.
If you feel this ‘Senior Project Manager’ role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown.
Contact Damien or Anne on 004428 9031 2009 if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.