Project Engineer / Site Supervisor (Utilities)
- Location: Belfast
- Salary£20,000 - £30,000
- Job referenceWPR01-100401
- Level of educationThird Level Diploma
As Project Engineer / Site Supervisor you will support the installation on a variety of utility projects for one of Northern Irelands most respected Utility and Civil Engineering Contractors. Based in Belfast, you will be supervising the safe and timely delivery of underground utility projects within the Greater Belfast area and Co Down.
Our Client is a leading local utility contractor and has a number of long term frameworks with the major Utility providers in Northern Ireland. Founded nearly 40 years ago, they have won numerous awards including prestigious NIRAUC Best Streetworks Contractor and UK Health and Safety Awards.
As a Project Engineer / Site Supervisor your responsibilities are likely to include but not be limited to the following activities:
- On-site supervision of the performance of the contractors team against programme in regard to the installation of infrastructure, connections and ancillary infrastructure.
- Ensuring all contractors staff work towards exceeding the Health, Safety and Environmental obligations, adhere to method statements and risk assessments.
- Co-ordinate and manage the interface with the utility contractor, the client and stakeholders, members of the public etc.
- Review and implement traffic management arrangements and proposals with the contractors project team.
- Liaise with the design and planning team and assist with the project management of the works on a daily basis, attend weekly progress and cost meetings.
- Photograph and record details of plant, equipment and report on a daily basis.
- 3rd level qualification in a related subject such as Civil Engineering, Construction Management.
- Experience managing projects within the Civil Engineering / Utility sector preferred but not essential.
- Streetworks qualified preferred but not essential.
If you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail please call Michael Knox or Anne MacEntee on 02890 312009.
If you feel this "Project Engineer / Site Supervisor" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown below and we will contact you upon receipt of your application.
Please be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our Client.