- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR02-120402_1555079727
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Translink’s new Construction Engineer you will provide planning and Technical/Quality assurance support for railway construction projects within the Structures construction/maintenance programme. You may also undertake the role of Supervisor on NEC3 contracts.
Translink is Northern Ireland's main public transport provider with a strategy to maintain and grow passenger and network capacity, with plans to introduce higher speed service, track upgrades, station refurbs and new builds, refurbishment of trains and upgrade ticketing systems.
Please note that application forms must be submitted ‘online’ before noon on Thursday 2nd May 2019 so early application is advisable.
As the successful Construction Engineer your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Coordinate and plan project construction works interfaces including Weekly Operating Notice planning for works on the railway.
- Review construction method proposals, methodologies and risk assessments.
- Undertake frequent site visits to inspect and coordinate work sites for compliance to all requirements in the contract - quality, safety and environment.
- Supervise construction works and undertake role of NEC3 contract Site Supervisor where required.
- Prepare progress and quality reports including works impacting on schedule, quality, cost implications, H&S and identified risks and issues.
- Escalate issues and risks to Project/Contract Manager including the impact of change and the evaluation of compensation events.
- Advise Project Manager or Contract Manager of issues impacting on costs, technical, schedule or H&S and Environment.
A detailed job description for this ‘Construction Engineer role and an application form and Salary details can be provided upon request.
To be considered for this Construction Engineer role you will:
- Possess a construction-related degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in civil engineering construction.
- Possess a minimum of HNC/HND in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in civil engineering construction.
- Proven on site experience of construction works.
- Knowledge of managing construction safety.
- Able to analyse inspection/ supervision findings.
- Experience in planning and managing construction works contracts.
It would be desirable if candidates had the following:
- Experience in railway infrastructure environment.
- Experience managing NEC3 Contracts.
If you feel this ‘Construction Engineer’ role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown.
Contact Damien or Anne on 004428 9031 2009 if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.