Communications Manager - Construction
- Location: Belfast
- SalaryDepending on experience
- Job referenceWPR02-050401
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Communications Manager you will deliver and implement the Communications Plan and manage all external stakeholder/community liaison associated with the development of Translink's major Construction Projects. As Communications Manager, you will liaise with Translink communications and marketing teams to successfully deliver and support the stakeholder engagement for Translink major Infrastructure Projects, focusing initially on the Flagship Project known as The Belfast Transportation Hub incorporating Weavers Cross Redevelopment.
Translink Belfast Transportation Hub is a Flagship Project due for completion 2022. It is a world-class development that will become the main transport hub for Northern Ireland. An innovative and ambitious project that will provide a gateway to Belfast for commuters and tourists; a main bus and train connection point for all parts of Northern Ireland and the main rail link to Dublin, including direct connections to all major airports in Belfast and Dublin.
Please note that application forms must be submitted ‘online’ before noon on Friday 19th April 2019 so early application is advisable.
As Community Liaison and Communications Manager your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing and implementing the communications plan and community liaison plan for the Belfast Transport Hub and Weavers Cross Regeneration in accordance with industry best practice and Translink's Corporate Communications Strategy.
- Undertaking effective stakeholder mapping and establish an effective programme of engagement, ensuring that corporate policy is followed in the decision/action taken regarding the outcome of such interaction.
- Liaise with Translink’s communication and marketing teams to promote the brand of the Belfast Transport Hub and Weavers Cross projects.
- Establish and operate a project stakeholder forum to progress/promote the development of community/neighbourhood community planning.
- Support the development, preparation and publication of a community delivery plan.
- Procure and manage any consultants or subject matter experts appointed e.g. marketing/PR consultants etc.
- Keep performance under review and assure the quality of all deliverables associated with the project.
A detailed job description for ‘Community Liaison and Communications Manager’, an application form and Salary details can be provided upon request.
Essential experience should include the following:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a communications or community liaison role.
- Experience of successfully managing community liaison/stakeholder communications in respect of large construction or government projects (i.e. >£25m).
It would be desirable if candidates had the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of customer expectations in respect of public transport.
If you feel this "Community Liaison and Communications Manager” role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown.
Contact Damien or Anne on 004428 9031 2009 if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.