Assistant Project Manager (Property)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR02-120404
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Translink's new Assistant Project Manager (Property) you will be responsible for managing and delivering the Property Maintenance Capital Works Programme at all Translink Group sites, ensuring that projects are delivered effectively so that essential building elements and services are maintained to the required standard. Responsibility will also cover the project management of various external design teams and contractors, procuring new works and administration of contracts and liaison with all levels of management within Translink Operations and Engineering Departments.
Translink is Northern Ireland's main public transport provider with a strategy to maintain and grow passenger and network capacity, with plans to introduce higher speed service, track upgrades, station refurbs and new builds, refurbishment of trains and upgrade ticketing systems.
Please note that application forms must be submitted ‘online’ before noon on Tuesday 23rd April 2019 so early application is advisable.
As the successful Assistant Project Manager your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Implementing the Property Maintenance Capital Works Programme and preparing condition surveys and plan future work packages.
- The development of project schedules, associated budgets and procurement strategies through to their successful delivery.
- Provide continuous contract and stakeholder management.
- Manage project risk, payments and health & safety.
- Provide technical support to the Property & Estates Department and also acting as Site Manager and Clerk of Works whilst on site.
A detailed job description for this ‘Assistant Project Manager (Property)’ role and an application form and Salary details can be provided upon request.
To be considered for this Assistant Project Manager role you will have:
- A Third level qualification in a construction related subject.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in construction project management, to include preparation of contracts and work schedules.
- Experience of monitoring the installation of building assets and an ability to understand project design and construction technical issues.
- Proficient in CDM Regulation and experienced in managing NEC3 contracts.
- Experience of managing construction projects including project and design teams.
It would be desirable if candidates had the following:
- Experience of working within a public transport environment.
- Experience of MS Project or scheduling software.
- Experience in Building Information Modelling (BIM).
If you feel this ‘Assistant Project Manager’ role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown.
Contact Damien or Anne on 004428 9031 2009 if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.